"NDRI can help you to source the quantities of tissue required for your needs. The level of consistency, quality, timing of the procurement and efficient delivery will give you what you need for the best possible results."
- Gene C. Kopen, PhD, Senior Vice President, Strategic Initiatives
NDRI partners with medical researchers in academia and the life science industry on large-scale projects, from complex research to commercial manufacture. Project needs vary and NDRI has the capacity, knowledge, and experience to develop project specifications from identifying desired human specimens to making sure they are deliverable and scalable to the project’s needs.
Below are a few examples of large-scale projects for which NDRI delivered exceptional results:
- Collection and management of 80,000 biospecimens for the NIH-funded Genotype-Tissue Expression (GTEx) project
- Collaboration with a biotech/pharma company to provide tissue for use in preclinical testing of a new therapeutic
- Nationwide identification of and recovery of specimens from veterans with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis), PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury)
- Sourcing of organs or tissues in compliance with FDA 21 CRF for the derivation and manufacture of a biologic or medical device
We partner directly with:
- National Institutes of Health
- Academic research centers and consortia
- Life Sciences organizations
- Pharmaceutical and biotech companies
- Contract research organizations (CROs)
- Contract development and manufacturing organizations (CDMOs) and contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs)
- Other federal agencies (e.g., CDC, EPA, FDA)
- Military (DoD)
- Foundations and patient advocacy organizations that support research
- Manufacturers of cell therapies and medical devices
More than just procurement
Unlike other organizations, NDRI provides end-to-end services for large/complex projects that require:
- Project management oversight
- High-quality human tissue
- Consent and authorization for intended end use
- Coordination with donors and/or organ procurement organizations
- Adherence to applicable laws and regulatory requirements
- Access to diverse donor and tissue types
- Technical expertise and consultation to help with your project design
Over the past 35-plus years, NDRI has delivered on the promise to obtain human biospecimens for a variety of applications, thanks to the deliberate development of our infrastructure and internal expertise to service large and complex R&D projects for clients worldwide.
We’ve created an extensive nationwide sourcing network and the standardized, reproducible processes needed to deliver high-quality tissue that meets the needs of demanding projects. NDRI employs industry best practices in the procurement, preservation, storage and shipment of human tissues, thereby ensuring that the highest quality, consistency and reproducibility are achievable.
For more information, contact:
Gene C. Kopen, Ph.D., Senior Vice President,
Email email@example.com or call 800-222-NDRI (6374), ext. 289